Many superhit movies have come in Hollywood and in this article of ours you will get to know about 10 such superhit movies of Hollywood.
Hollywood Superhit Movies List
- Titanic (1997) – This epic romantic disaster film directed by James Cameron tells the story of Jack and Rose, two young lovers from different social classes who meet and fall in love on the ill-fated RMS Titanic. The film won 11 Oscars, including Best Picture and Best Director.
- The Godfather (1972) – This crime drama, directed by Francis Ford Coppola, tells the story of the powerful and influential Italian-American crime family, the Corleones. The film won three Oscars, including Best Actor for Marlon Brando.
- Forrest Gump (1994) – This heartwarming drama, directed by Robert Zemeckis, follows the life of Forrest Gump, a kind and simple man with a low IQ, as he experiences some of the most significant events of the 20th century. The film won six Oscars, including Best Picture and Best Actor for Tom Hanks.
- The Shawshank Redemption (1994) – This drama, directed by Frank Darabont, tells the story of Andy Dufresne, a wrongfully convicted man who forms a close friendship with his fellow inmate, Ellis Boyce, while serving a life sentence in prison. The film was nominated for seven Oscars, including Best Picture.
- Pulp Fiction (1994) – This black comedy crime film, directed by Quentin Tarantino, tells several interconnected stories of criminal activity in Los Angeles. The film won the Palme d’Or at the Cannes Film Festival and was nominated for seven Oscars, including Best Picture.
- The Dark Knight (2008) – This superhero film, directed by Christopher Nolan, follows Batman as he battles the Joker, a psychopathic criminal mastermind, in an effort to save Gotham City. The film won two Oscars and was nominated for six others, including Best Supporting Actor for Heath Ledger’s portrayal of the Joker.
- The Lion King (1994) – This animated musical film, directed by Roger Allers and Rob Minkoff, tells the story of Simba, a young lion who must learn to accept his role as the future king of the Pride Lands after his father is killed by his uncle, Scar. The film won two Oscars and was a critical and commercial success.
- Jurassic Park (1993) – This science fiction adventure film, directed by Steven Spielberg, follows a group of scientists who are invited to visit a theme park filled with genetically-engineered dinosaurs. The film won three Oscars and was a huge commercial success, grossing over $1 billion at the box office.
- The Matrix (1999) – This science fiction action film, directed by the Wachowski siblings, tells the story of Neo, a computer programmer who is drawn into a rebellion against machines who have taken over the world and created a simulated reality called the Matrix. The film won four Oscars and was a major cultural phenomenon.
- Avatar (2009) – This science fiction action film, also directed by James Cameron, follows Jake Sully, a paraplegic marine who is sent to the planet Pandora to help humans mine a valuable mineral called unobtanium. The film won three Oscars and became the highest-grossing film of all time, with a worldwide box office gross of over $2 billion.
These are just a few examples of some of the most successful and influential Hollywood movies of all time. There are many other great films that could also be included on this list.